ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships 2022 for study at icipe, Kenya (Fully-Funded)
Are you from a sub-Saharan African country? Do you already hold a masters degree and interested in a fully funded PhD study in Kenya, then apply for ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships 2022 for study at the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya.
The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya, in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD*) In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarships Programme and African university partners, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for PhD scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD/ icipe
Scholarship to be taken at: icipe, Kenya
Scholarship Type: Fully funded scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: full funding (amount not stated)
Subject Eligibility: Research project in insect and related Sciences for development
Country/Candidate Eligibility: sub-Saharan African students
The scholarship is for a three-year doctoral training in insect and related Sciences for development. Scholars conduct strategic, innovative research at icipe’s laboratories and field sites located in different agro-ecological zones.
- Seven ARPPIS PhD projects are available to nationals of sub-Saharan countries: see List of Projects
- The programme cover all student costs, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs.
- Successful candidates will register with an ARPPIS partner university in Africa after starting the PhD programme at icipe.
- The PhD programme will commence in September 2022.
- A citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree with above average results (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent).
- Master’s degree with above average results (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent), taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or other field relevant to the PhD project (see List of Projects).
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the PhD project selected by the applicant. For information on applicant requirements for each available project see List of Projects.
- Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Completed application form, PhD project proposal (based on one of the available PhD projects), and accompanying supporting documents.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Candidates who are staff members of a public university, or considered for university teaching or research staff recruitment, are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also encouraged to apply.
How-to-Apply: To be awarded the ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships 2022, applicants must make an application to icipe, and at the same time make an application to DAAD for an In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarship. Please inform yourself about the respective application processes.
- Full instructions for application to icipe: icipe application instructions
- Full instructions for application to DAAD: DAAD application instructions
- Deadline for applications to DAAD: 15th December 2021
- Deadline for applications to icipe: 15th December 2021
Only complete applications made to both icipe and to DAAD will be considered.