Atlas Short-Term Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 for Africans to Study in France
Are you a young researcher from an Africa who recently presented your thesis? Then you are invited to apply for the Atlas Short-Term Postdoctoral Fellowship. The research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France.
This programme is targeted at researchers in an institution of higher learning, a research or a public/private research institute based abroad wishing to undertake a research stay in France. The programme provides postdoctoral fellowship mobility grant to researchers in social sciences and humanities for periods from 1 to 3 months.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): FMSH and IFRA
Host Institution(s): Higher and Research Institutions in France
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Duration: 1 to 3 months
Atlas Short-Term Postdoctoral Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Atlas Short-Term Postdoctoral Fellowship, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Researchers must be from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2016.
- Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay.
- Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
- Laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the IFRA with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project at the end of their stay.
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600 €. This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Atlas Short-Term Postdoctoral Fellowship will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline.
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in Romania
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
Application Deadline: December 10th, 2021, 17:00 (Paris time).