The Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) welcomes applications from eligible and outstanding students for Australia Awards for Developing Countries. This Awards are highly competitive and fully-funded.
Australia Awards are prestigious, transformative scholarships and short courses offered to emerging leaders from developing countries for study, research and professional development in Australia and the region so they can return home and contribute to their nations’ development, prosperity and resilience.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Host Institution(s): Recognised Australian Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Australia Awards for Developing Countries
For 2022, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) offered 2,075 Australia Awards scholarships and short courses to individuals from 27 developing countries at an estimated cost of $200 million. For a snapshot on the latest facts and figures read the Australia Awards Statistical Profile.
The Australian Government’s development policy Australian aid: promoting prosperity, reducing poverty, enhancing stability recognises that tertiary education is an important component of any investment in development. Find out more about Australia’s development assistance for education.
To be eligible for Australian Government Awards for Developing Countries, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from developing countries
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Applicants should be enrolling for a Master’s degree study programme in an Australian public university
- Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
- Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
- Also check country specific eligibility for all participating countries
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for Australian Government Awards for Developing Countries should submit their application through Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS).
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022