B.C. Access Grants in Canada, 2021
B.C. Access Grants are now available for outstanding students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate programme in Canada for the academic year 2021-2022. The programme is organized by StudentAid BC.
This programme provides upfront, non-repayable financial support to low and middle-income learners entering a full-time degree programme at B.C. public post-secondary institutes.
Why choose this programme? It aims to encourage eligible students with their post-secondary learning expense through credits, grants, studentships, and additional programs. It also has plans for borrowers who require help to reimburse their loans.
Application Deadline: June 2021
- University or Organization: StudentAid BC
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate program
- Award: up to $29.41 per week of study
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canada Students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for the undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate program in Canada.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the grant, the applicants must have to follow the following given requirements:
- Apply and qualify for full-time StudentAid BC financial assistance;
- Have at least $1 of financial need assessed by the province;
- Attend a B.C. public post-secondary institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, aspirants can navigate the online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e., an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet the requirements of eligibility.
- Language Requirement: English is the preferred language, so aspirants need to show good English language skills as per institutes need.
Benefits of the B.C. Access Grant are as follows:
- up to $4,000 per eight-month school year (up to $117.65 per week of study) for students enrolled in undergraduate programs that are less than two years in length.
- up to $1,000 per eight-month school year (up to $29.41 per week of study) for students enrolled in undergraduate programs that are two or more years in length.
- Students in a longer study period (up to 52 weeks of grant eligibility) may be eligible for more; students in a shorter study period may receive less.
- You can receive this grant for each year of your undergraduate studies as long as you still qualify.