The Canon Foundation and European University Institute are jointly offering the Co-sponsored Research Fellowship for Japanese Students in Italy for the academic year 2022/2023.
The Fellowships are intended to support academic post-doctoral research in the early stages of their professional career in any of the research areas of the European University Institute. The fellowships are open to Japanese students.
A nice chance for Japanese Students in Italy.
The Canon Foundation in Europe is a philanthropic, grant-making institution that promotes international cultural and scientific relations between Europe and Japan. The European University Institute is an international postgraduate and post-doctoral teaching and research institute established by European Union member states to contribute to cultural and scientific development in the Social Sciences from a European perspective. EUI is designated as an international organization.
Why study at Canon Foundation or European University Institute? The EUI is characterized by its thriving intellectual climate, rich in seminars, conferences, and events, hosting leading academics and policy-makers from around the world. The EUI offers excellent career prospects. The Foundation is legally and financially independent but enjoys a close cooperation with Canon Europe N.V., which provided the initial funds.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 18 October 2022.
- University or Organization: Canon Foundation or European University Institute
- Department: N.A.
- Course Level: Research Fellowships
- Award: € 2,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Japanese Students
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: Candidates of Japanese nationality or permanent residence are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The Fellowships are intended to support academic post-doctoral research in the early stages of their professional career in any of the research areas of the European University Institute. The Fellowships are open to candidates who have successfully defended their Ph.D. at the time of the start of the Fellowship (1 September each year).
- Candidates of Japanese nationality or permanent residence are eligible for the Fellowships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for admission online application. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach academic transcripts of all previous school attended and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Applicants should have a good knowledge of the languages most relevant to their proposed research and a working knowledge of English.
The Canon Foundation or European University Institute will provide a stipend is € 2,000 per month. Successful applicants benefiting from other grants or salaries must disclose this to the Canon Foundation in Europe and the European University Institute, as the amount of the Fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (€ minimum 1,250 per month) in the function of the additional income.