Commonwealth Foundation Grants Programme 2021/2022 for Civil Society Organizations
Are you a Civil Society Organization (CSO) based in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country? Then apply for the Commonwealth Foundation Grants call 2021-2022. The Foundation’s vision is of a Commonwealth of equal, just, and inclusive societies.
The Grants is targeted at Civil Society Organizations working on health, environment and climate change as well freedom of expression. It aims at supporting initiatives that encourage and lead to meaningful and constructive engagement between CSOs and government around policy and decision making relevant to these areas.
Commonwealth Foundation Grants 2021/2022 | What to Know
The Commonwealth Foundation welcomes submission of CSOs interested in applying for a grant in the thematic areas of health, environment and climate change and freedom of expression that would benefit from support for its expansion and/or continuation. The Foundation works to bring the voice of civil society into all aspects of governance, supporting civil society engagement in shaping the policies and decisions that affect people’s lives. The grant amount requested must e between £15,000 and £30,000 per year for a maximum of two years.
To be considered for the Commonwealth Foundation Grants 2021/22, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- The applicant is a registered not-for-profit civil society organization.
- The CSO is registered in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country
- The proposed project must be implemented in the country of registration.
- Applicant has documented experience, over at least two years, working on participatory governance and advocacy within the proposed area/themes.
- Requested amount should not exceed 70% of the applicant organization’s total annual income.
- The project proposal must address at least one of the priority themes and demonstrate appropriate and meaningful integration of gender considerations.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Commonwealth Foundation Grants Programme are to complete an online application form and include the following additional documentation:
- A logic model and activity timeline (completed using the template provided).
- A copy of the organization’s registration certificate.
- For grants of £15,000 per annum; a copy of the organization’s most recent audited accounts or annual accounts. Audited accounts should not be older than December 2019
- For grants of £15,001 and above per annum; a copy of the organization’s most recent audited accounts. Audited accounts should not be older than December 2019.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2021 at 1pm GMT