Georg Forster Research Award in Germany for Researchers in Developing Countries
Georg Forster Research Award 2021: Applications are welcomed from eligible postdoctoral and experienced researchers for the Georg Forster Research Award in Germany 2021.
Through the Georg Forster Research Award, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. The fellowship enables the fellow to conduct their own research at various stages of their career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of their choice.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Host Institution(s): German Institutions
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Duration: 6 to 24 months
Nationality: Developing countries
Georg Forster Research Award 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Georg Forster Research Award 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Postdoctoral applicants must have completed their PhD in relevant courses within the last four years.
- Experienced applicants must have completed their PhD or equivalent qualification within the last twelve years having extensive lists of publications in academic journals and publishing houses reviewed according to international standards.
- Research must address questions relevant to the further development of your region of origin, regardless of your field.
- Must possess a good knowledge of German or English.
- Must abide by the rules of good scientific practice and the principles of scientific ethics.
- Monthly fellowship amount of €2,670 for Postdocs
- Monthly fellowship amount of €3,170 for experienced researchers.
- Personal support throughout the duration of the fellowship.
- Enrollment in German language course
- Further financial support for children and marital partners, subsidies for private full health insurance and allowances for travel expenses.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Georg Forster Research Fellowship 2021 are to submit the necessary documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online.
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max)
- Research outline (five pages max)
- Complete list of your publications
- List of key publications
- Doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully, or confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months.
- German language certificate, if required.
- Host’s statement and confirmation that research facilities are available, as well as two expert reviews.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021