Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022 for Undergraduate Study (Fully-Funded)
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022: Applications are now being invited from interested and eligible international students across the globe for the 2022 Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students to study in Japan.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as Undergraduate Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program as follows.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Universities/Higher Institutions in Japan
Scholarship Worth: Full funding (scholarship benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Also Check: Fully Funded NIGINTERN Program in Japan for Foreign Students
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022 | DETAILS
The program aims to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Age: Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1997. However, applicants who satisfy the conditions for Academic Background stipulated below must be 18 years of age or older at the time of admission to a university in Japan, however, there are a number of exception.
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must have a secondary education or equivalent.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan before and after arriving in Japan.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Additional Eligibility: It is important that you refer to the application guide for detailed and comprehensive eligibility conditions for the program.
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route, and provide an airline ticket to grantees who will arrive in Japan and also return ticket at the end of the programme.
- How to Apply: The application process and specific schedule for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022 differ according to the country of your nationality. However, all applicants must complete and submit an application form and required documents at the embassy as stipulated in the application guidelines for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022 for Undergraduate Study
- Application Deadline: Varies by Country.