Mellon Foundation Masters and Doctoral Scholarships 2022
Mellon Foundation Masters and Doctoral Scholarships 2022: Applications are welcomed from qualified students for the 2022 academic year to apply for the Mellon Foundation Masters and Doctoral Scholarships to be taken at Rhodes University, South Africa.
The scholarships are in the form of internal funding for creative writing scholarships as well as in African Intellectual Heritage. The scholarship seeks to support masters candidates and doctoral students in their quest for knowledge and also help them make meaningful contributions to academics.Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rhodes University
Scholarship to be taken in: South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Up to R135 000.00 per annum
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Postgraduate (MSc and PhD)
You may like: Mandela Washington Fellowship 2021/2022 for Young Africans
Mellon Foundation Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
The award of these scholarships are subject to the following conditions:
- Applicants must Africans who are passionate about advancing their educational careers by enrolling in a full-time study programme at Rhodes University, South Africa for the next academic session in eligible disciplines.
- Applicants for the masters degree scholarship must have obtained good grades in relevant disciplines from recognized universities or institutions of higher learning.
- Applicants for the PhD scholarship must have obtained relevant master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities.
- Applicants who are able to prove an aspiration to use their education to invest within their community will be favoured.
Other Opportunity: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) 2021/22 Scholarships for Africans
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the for the Mellon Foundation Masters and Doctoral Scholarships are to send a brief research proposal together with CV with academic record to the respective departments. Some applicants may be required to submit a recent sample of academic writing.
Application Deadline: To be updated for 2022