Merit-Based International Scholarships in USA
Do you want to take up your higher education in the USA? Then, apply now to participate in the Merit-Based International Scholarships at the Michigan Technological University. The program is active for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship programme has been specially set up for incoming first-year students that identify as non-Michigan students from US or Canada. Undergraduate programme costs will be covered under this scholarship grant.
Michigan Technological University is a public research university in Houghton founded in 1885. It is positioned #651-700 in QS Global World Rankings 2022 and holds a mission to create solutions for society’s challenges by delivering action-based education.
Why choose to study at the Michigan Technological University? Michigan Tech is a globally recognized technological university that educates students, advances knowledge, and innovates to improve the quality of life and promote mutual respect and equity for all people within the state, the nation, and the global community.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Michigan Technological University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $16,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students that are non-Michigan residents of the US and Canada can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programme taught at MTU can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be first-year students who have applied and been accepted for undergraduate admission to Michigan Tech.
- The applicants must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 to be able to renew their scholarship award.
- The applicants must have a 3.35 to 4.00+ GPA.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an admission application online via the university application portal. Interested students who have applied and been accepted for undergraduate admission to Michigan Tech are automatically considered for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide official secondary school transcripts and attested marks sheets. Personal statements and letters of recommendation are optional documents.
- Admission Requirements: The students must have a minimum GPA of 3.00. Otherwise, students are required to submit test scores.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 105
- PTE – 53
The students that will be presented with the award will receive $10,000 to $16,000 based on academic records for their undergraduate studies at MTU.