PhD international awards in Mineral and Energy Resources Processing in Australia
International PhD candidates are invited by the University of Queensland to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Mineral and Energy Resources Processing in Australia. The applications are accepted for the academic year 2022-2023.
International and home country students are both eligible to apply for this PhD scholarship towards research study in Engineering and Computing. This PhD scholarship will equip the students with a yearly stipend of $28,854 to cover educational costs in Australia.
Known as the most prestigious and widely recognized institute in Australia, the University of Queensland is a public research university ranked in the top 50 and top 100 globally working to shape the future by producing leaders and inspire the next generation.
Why choose to study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland is a research university that encourages advanced ideas that benefit the world. It possesses professionals that share the same passion for excellence in education as the students at Queensland. Comprehensive and high-quality education is incorporated in the programmes at UQ which ultimately connects students to more opportunities.
Application Deadline: 19th October 2021
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,854
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Home country and international students, both, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a Higher Degree by Research programme in Engineering and Computing at UQ.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new students at UQ.
- This scholarship is open to Australian citizens, permanent residents, and International students who are currently in Australia at the time of application and commencement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to start their PhD applications online on the university portal. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificate
- Academic CV
- Letter of recommendation/reference
- Proof of citizenship
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIAor equivalent or a research master’s degree or coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale or a postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale or bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL IBT – 87
The University of Queensland will provide the selected PhD candidates $28,854 per annum for a period of 3.5 years with the possibility of 1 extension towards the tuition fee and living expenses.