If you are seeking a rich academic and extra-curricular experience along with your PhD degree study, you must join the PhD Scholarships in Development and Application of Sustainable Active Packaging Technologies for Application to Seafood Products at the University of College Cork.
This PhD opportunity is being offered at the School of Food and Nutritional Sciences at the University of College Cork to all interested international and Irish national students for the academic year 2022- 2023. The candidates must hold a good honors degree in Food Science or similar to be considered. The scholarship is valued at €24,000 per annum for up to 4 years.
Clarity of Information
Founded in 1845 as one of thre Queen’s Colleges located in Belfast, Cork, and Galway, the University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland and located in Cork. It is ranked 303rd in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the Univeersity College Cork? The University of College Cork is one of Ireland’s leading universities. UCC recognizes the importance of educating and empowering its students beyond their academic endeavors. It also offers counseling and development services, disability support, career advice, and medical and sexual health services to all students at University.
Application Deadline: 2nd September 2022 is the last date to apply.
- University or Organization: University of College Cork
- Department: School of Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €24,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Ireland.
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries, including Ireland, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for a PhD at the School of Food and Nutritional Sciences at the University of College Cork.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold the required academic qualifications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this PhD position, interested candidates must submit an application containing the below-mentioned supporting documents by e-mail, referring to the unique position reference “Active Seafood Packaging” in the subject line, to Prof Joe P. Kerry, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, at email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must prepare a CV with a cover letter and the names and contact details of at least two referees.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a 2.1 honors degree in Food Science, Fisheries Science, Food Packaging, Material Sciences, Food Chemistry, Food Technology, Process or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- DET – 120
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 63
- TOEFL IBT – 90
The candidates selected by the University of College Cork for this PhD position will be awarded a scholarship valued at €24,000 per annum for four years, out of which fees must be paid.