ROOTS Nonprofit Sustainability Internship with Food Security Program
ROOTS Nonprofit Sustainability Internship: ROOTS organization is inviting applications from interested applicants to be part of an exciting social enterprise in Cape Town, South Africa, that creates organic food gardens in communities that deal with socio-economic problems.
As an intern, you will contribute to the sustainability and overall success of this initiative – a unique learning experience in an incredible setting. It’s a great opportunity to gain work experience in impact assessment, donor relation management, and reporting.
Program Type: Student/Graduate Internship
Program Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: OND, HND, B.Sc, M.Sc
Nationality: All Nationality
ROOTS Nonprofit Sustainability Internship | What to Expect
During this sustainability internship, you will join Neighborhood Farm; a social enterprise focused on improving food security in communities in and around Cape Town, South Africa. By installing and managing organic food gardens in communities and at schools, the Neighborhood Farm team achieves several goals; they improve access to healthy food, educate people – especially children – on the importance of nutrition and on how to grow food, and they help create sales outlets for any surplus food. This means that food security is improved, mindsets get changed, and income is generated for people who need it.
As an intern, you will assist with the impact assessment and overall sustainability of Neighborhood Farm. Depending on your skills and experience – can include;
- Assisting with Monitoring & Evaluation of projects
- Creating impact reports
- Managing donor relationships
- Developing and managing backend systems to ensure an efficient work flow
- If you’re interested, assisting with fundraising research and campaigns
Candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- Strong analytical skills
- A strong interest in the sustainability of nonprofit organizations
- A go-getter attitude and ability to work independently
- An interest in and passion for the work Neighborhood Farm does
- A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
How-to-Apply: If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roots will set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If it’s a good match, will set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- Will provisionally confirm your placement, then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Application Deadline: Not Specified