Study in Germany: Short Term Scholarships for International Students
Trier University Short Term Scholarships: The International Office and Graduate Centre of Trier University have additional funds from the DAAD to support international doctoral students who are in an advanced stage of their doctoral degree. All international PhD students who meet the application criteria are encourage to apply by 15 October.
The aim of the financial support is to enable international doctoral candidates to concentrate on their thesis. Any international student can apply who is in need of financial support, as long as their previously achieved grades are very good and they are in an advanced stage of their doctoral degree and will hand in their thesis after three semesters.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Trier University/DAAD
Scholarship Type: Research Funding
Host Institution(s): Trier University
Scholarship Worth: up to 1200 Euros per month
Number of Awards: Not Specified.
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD).Apply Also: DAAD-STIBET Scholarships for International Students (Funded)
Nationality: International Students
Trier University Short Term Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
Applications are accepted from doctoral students who;
- are not of German nationality
- are registered at Trier University in order to acquire a doctoral degree
- need financial support
- and who, based on their previously achieved grades, are likely graduate within a maximum of three semesters (until December 2022)
How to Apply: Interested and eligible applicants are to send their complete applications and all relevant documents via email to: Birgit Roser (roser@uni-trierde)
- Properly completed, printed and signed application form
- Current certificate of enrolment at Trier University
- Summary of previously completed parts of the doctoral thesis and the remaining work required, alongside an individual statement regarding the progress of the thesis.
- Provisional time-table for the completion of the thesis (in monthly steps)
- CV with a passport photo
- Evidence of how you currently finance your doctoral degree
- Reference from a professor (should be sent separately and directly to the International Office via Email by the professor by 15 October 2021. If the reference is not sent in time, the application will not be considered)
Application Deadline: 15 October 2021