UM Brightlands Talent International Scholarships at Maastricht University, Netherlands
The Maastricht University is excitedly inviting students with high personal development potential to participate in the UM Brightlands Talent Scholarships programme and conduct their master study in the Netherlands. Applications for 2022-2023 are now rolling.
UM, Brightlands Talent Scholarships programme has been started to offer four full-coverage scholarships (including a tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) per academic year to international master applicants at Maastricht. Tuition fees, living and health & insurance, and visa application costs will be covered by the scholarship award.
Maastricht University is a public research university that strives to be an innovator in education and research by introducing the CORE philosophy at our university and has adopted an inclusive approach and to open doors to all students and staff that fit with the profile and subscribe to the university’s values.
Why choose to study at Maastricht University? Maastricht University is a young university in the heart of Europe that is also a sustainable institution in the broadest sense. It meets global education standards with a distinctly global perspective and a strong focus on innovative education and research strategies. At MU, they believe in being open-minded and inclusive. Education and research are best organised in teams rather than individually in MU.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
- University or Organization: Maastricht University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Awards: Full scholarships
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: International students from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland are welcome to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master’s programmes are eligible for the UM Brightlands Talent Scholarships are following subjects:
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence (FSE)
- MSc in Data Science for Decision Making (FSE)
- MSc in Business Intelligence & Smart Services (SBE)
- MSc in Biobased Materials (FSE)
- MSc in Health Food Innovation Management (FHML)
- MSc in Global Supply Chain Management and Change (SBE)
- MSc in Systems Biology (FSE
- MSc in Biomedical Sciences (FHML)
- MSc in Governance & Leadership in European Public Health (FHML)
- MSc Research Master in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience (FPN)
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold the nationality of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- The applicants must not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland.
- The applicants must have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands.
- The applicants must not be older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022
- The applicants must have been (conditionally) admitted to the master degree programme at Maastricht.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications to Maastricht can be made via Studielink. Then, for the scholarships, the students are required to use their student ID number and complete their scholarships application by logging in here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of academic excellence
- Personal statement of financial needs
- Reference letter
- Contact details of one referee
- Admission Requirements: Students need to check and fulfil all admission requirements for a master programme of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students need to demonstrate their language proficiency in alignment with the university’s requirements.
Maastricht University will provide the selected students €11,400 – €22,800 for living expenses, €192 to cover visa application costs, and health & liability insurance and tuition fees at the ongoing rates.