University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships for Africans 2022
University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships: The University of Cape Town (UCT) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation is pleased to announce its global Scholar’s program.
The program is an initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cape Town, Mastercard Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Cape Town
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
See Also: USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2022 [Fully Funded]
University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships |DETAILS
The Scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice. The scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme.
To be considered eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be Africans who are willing to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
Apply for: UAB Scholarships 2021-2022 for International Students to Study in USA
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are to apply online. Undergraduate applicants are to complete an online application while postgraduate applicants can apply Here using the link.
Application Deadline: Not specified