University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Research Projects 2022-2023
University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Research Projects 2022-2023: Avail yourself the opportunity of a funded research project available international PhD applicants who wish to enroll for a study at the University of Edinburgh, UK.
The availability of funded research projects varies significantly by subject area. They are usually offered in medical, scientific and technical disciplines, where the cost of research is high and where defined projects may be used to contribute to a wider area of research. However, it is still worth checking to see if any funded research projects are available in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Type: Graduate Research Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Partial to Full Cost of the Research Program
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International students
Eligibility Criteria | University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Research Projects
The selection process for a funded project often works in the same way as applying for a job there is usually only limited numbers available, so it can be competitive. You also need to demonstrate your suitability to work alongside others in a research team.
Here are some things to remember:
- Funded projects tend to have early academic year deadlines, so be prepared to apply before January in the year before you plan to start your studies.
- Projects and studentships can be advertised in different places. The majority will be listed on FindaPhd.com and displayed below, but you should also check school and research centre/institute websites.
- Check the funding status and eligibility criteria of the project you are interested in. If there is no funding attached to it, then you will need to research other funding opportunities in order to finance your research.
- Some projects may require you to submit a research proposal as part of your application, or to contact a supervisor before you apply, but others won’t, so make sure you check the application requirements for what you need to submit.
- Application for PhD projects are usually made through the University of Edinburgh’s degree finder; however, there may be some exceptions. If you are in doubt, ask the project’s lead contact.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application process, candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree programme at the Edinburgh School of Informatics. Thereafter, candidates can proceed to apply through the University’s admissions portal (EUCLID).
Application Deadline: On-going