VACorps Nursing Internship Program for Young Graduates
VACorps Nursing Internship Program: The VACorps is pleased to invite you for an internship through VACorps Nursing Internship Program. This is a structured immersion internship with additional supervision and support. The objective is to provide you with an impactful internship experience in South Africa in the field of nursing.
Through a combination of active mentorship, clinic attendances, home, and hospital visits, the program delivers a practical work experience in the resource-poor environment of South Africa.
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: 4 – 6 weeks
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: B.Sc in Nursing
Nationality: Any Nationality
VACorps Nursing Internship Program | What to Expect
The VACorps Advanced Wound Management Nursing Internship program in South Africa is a structured internship that is facilitated by the support team at WoundNet, and the group practice of private nurse practitioners in 5 clinics across the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town. The following are examples of what you can expect to learn during this program:
- Become familiar with South Africa’s healthcare inequalities and the challenges faced by South Africans
- Gain perspective on what it is like to run a private healthcare consulting practice in a developing economy
- Shadow and interact with Advanced Wound Care Practitioners in the field.
- Learn more about Advanced Wound Management in many different areas of healthcare
- Learn about: Wound bed preparation, Wound Assessment, Different debridement therapies, Wound infection, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Vascular Ulcers, Pressure Injuries, Burns, Cancer Wounds, Skin Tears, Non-healing wounds, Surgical Dehiscences, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, Ankle Brachial Pressure Index, and much more.
To participate, you are expected to meet the following criteria:
- B.Sc in Nursing Science
- Applicants must have certificate in medical field
- A go-getter attitude and ability to work independently
- Have strong enthusiast
- Have strong passion for medicine
- Have a experience in the field of Nursing.
How-to-Apply: To partake in VACorps Nursing Internship Program, you are required to apply online. NOTE: If you are on a pre-medical academic track, you are welcome to apply to this program
Application Deadline: Not Specified