Wellcome International Training Fellowships
Deadline: 7 April/29 June 2021 (Annual)
Study in: Any Country
Course varies per institution
Wellcome’s International Training Fellowships offer nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive postgraduate training or postdoctoral research in public health in low- and middle-income countries (other than India and China).
Eligible not-for-profit research organisations in a low- or middle-income country (other than India and China)
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters, PhD, and post-doctoral research in public health.
Number of Scholarships:
Nationals of low- and middle-income countries, as defined by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The fellowship value is usually £150,000 to £300,000 for salary, fees and research expenses. An International Training Fellowship is normally awarded for 3 years.
You can apply for an International Training Fellowship if:
- • you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- • your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- • you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
You must want to undertake a guided period of research so that you can consolidate your existing experience and explore new areas of research. You must:
- • have a PhD and be an early-career researcher or
- • have a degree in a relevant subject and some initial research experience or
- • be a clinically qualified doctor (and be qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinical psychologist, and have some initial research experience.
Potential applicants should first discuss their application with their sponsor and research supervisor, who will provide the advice with regard to the intellectual quality and importance of the project. They will also help candidates decide whether it’s the right time to apply.
This is the last round. The deadline is 7 April 2021 (preliminary application) and the deadline for full applications is 29 June 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/schemes/international-training-fellowships