WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship for African Women Entrepreneurs 2021
WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified African women who are passionate about STEM innovation for the Africa Innovation Fellowship at WomHub to develop women entrepreneurs.
The Africa Innovation Fellowship since 2019 has been supporting women-owned STEM innovations across sub-Saharan Africa. African women entrepreneurs are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): WomHub, Royal Academy of Engineering
Host Institution(s): WomHub
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: All study level
Duration: 6 months
The Africa Innovation Fellowship 2021 is a six-month leadership and business development opportunity for women in African innovators with an early-stage engineering innovation or start-up. The fellowship will kick off in November 2021 with virtual sessions focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development and networking. Followed by five months of personalized virtual support with regular check-ins and milestones.
- Business development through personal growth and increased commercial insights.
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow innovators across Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and venture clinics with subject matter experts.
To be eligible for the WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship 2021, applicants must the following conditions:
- Applicants must identify as women and serve as founders or co-founders.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa. The main applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Innovation must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must have a Science, Technology, Engineering or Manufacturing (STEM) innovation, though are not required to be an engineering graduate or student themselves.
- Must be over the age of 18 and no upper age limit.
- Applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology, or service, based in STEM.
- Applicants should have an early-stage engineering innovation and/or startup.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the six month-long programme commencing in November 2021 to April 2022.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship 2021 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2021